You are not logged in for DGat right now
How to obtain a login code.
What is DGat?
How do I login at DGat?
How do I join a tournament?
How do I invite players?
How do I resign one of a double match?
How do I get a player login?
I have lost my player login. How do I get a reminder?
How do I bookmark the player login?
How do I add a Postcard URL to a match?
How do I report a problem or feature request?
FireFox plugin DGTextToArea
Google Chrome plugin DGText2Area
What is: DGat - DailyGammon Alternative Tournaments?
DGat is a site that allows DailyGammon.com
users to play other tournament types than Single Elimination.
The matches for the tournaments are played on DailyGammon.
You invite a player for a tournament match by clicking on a link on the tournament result page.
Or on your DGat Top page. The page you see when you use the login link.
The DailyGammon match results are collected and the tournament page is updated accordingly.
This is done a couple of times a day.
If you want to join DGat tournaments you must have a login code for this site.
Because joining a tournament is not done by the Tournament Director (TD) but by the player.
This way you can start playing directly in the round robin type tournaments.
A few examples of tournament pages.
The steps to login:
- Start Your Browser (Fresh)
- Confirm you are Logged in at DailyGammon (http://www.dailygammon.com/).
needed if you want to invite other players for DGat tournaments.
The www is important because the invite links have the www too.
- Login at DGat.
Your browser now shows your DGat Top page http://dgat.appspot.com/player/top-page
- Use the login-link for DGat, the one you received and bookmarked (see New Player).
This login-link is like typing a username-password in a form.
- Or if you prefer you can use the
This page can be bookmarked and your browser can save what you enter in the form.
As password you can choose one of the following
- enter the full login-link
- the part after the last '/'
- the part after the last '_' (underscore)
The Top page contains your matches open for invites, the tournaments that are open for joining and the recently closed tournaments.
The tournaments currently playing are visible on the Home page http://dgat.appspot.com/
- If the login succeeded you have a "Player List" button and your login name at the menu bar in the top.
- If you see a "New Player" button the login has failed.
Important:If you close the browser you are logged out of DGat (session cookie is removed).
You need to login again when you restart a browser by use of the login link or login page.
The steps to join a tournament:
- Make sure you are logged in to DGat (see Login to DGat)
- Go to the page for the tournament you like.
- If you want to join a tournament make sure you check "Verify join"
before pressing "Join tournament".
- If you don't see the "Join tournament" there is a reason you can't join.
- You are not logged in to DGat
- The tournament has the state: "playing" or "closed"
- The tournament is full
- You are already a player in this tournament
The steps to find and resign the match DGat is NOT using.
!!! BE VERY ACCURATE !!!
I regularly update a table of double matches
If you find out that you are playing a match 2 times in a tournament against
a certain player you can resign the match DGat is NOT using.
I'm not showing pictures on how to do it.
Only execute these steps if you understand them well.
- Find the "DailyGammon match ID" that DGat is using tor this match
On this page you see which "DailyGammon match ID" is used, "At DG match XXXX".
- "Round Robin" and "TTT" tournaments
In the tournament page click on the P that corresponds to the match.
Only the lower half of the matrix are links.
- "Double Elimination" tournaments
In the tournament page click on the Gxx that corresponds to the match.
Mark this number down.
- On DailyGammon go to your "Top Page".
- At the bottom you have a link "Go and resign running matches!".
- On this page the active matches are sorted by DailyGammon number.
Hoover Over the "Review" link and look at the bottom of your
what the "DailyGammon match ID" is.
- Find the match for the given DGat tournament and
opponent where the
"DailyGammon match ID" DOES NOT MATCH
with the one marked down.
- Check this match, next to the "Review" link.
- At the bottom of the page, check "Yes! I really want to resign."
- Press the "Resign Selected Matches" button.
Warning: If you resign the wrong match you loose your tournament match.
I will not switch over to the other match, that you might be winning.
It does not influence the tournament on DGat if you play both of them. Only one is used for DGat.
If you want to create a player to join these tournaments you must:
- Have an account on DailyGammon
- Send Djidjadji a Quick Message you want to join
- You get a login URL back in a Quick Message on DG.
If you want to receive the link in an email give an email adress in the request message.
- You can get a resend of the login link but it is always good to have a backup of the Quick Message you just received.
You can do it by sending an email to yourself with the text of the Quick Message with a copy/paste.
- First bookmark this login URL:
If you prefer to use the Login Page there is no need to bookmark the login URL.
This URL will NOT stay in view, you are immediately redirected to
your Top Page of this site
- Use a link on the help page.
- Copy/Paste the login URL in the address bar of the browser.
You are now on the DGat homepage and you see your player name in the menu bar (example)
- Goto the "Help" page (this page).
- Use the link and the explanation at the top of the page.
- Manually create the bookmark.
- Go to: Bookmark->Organize Bookmarks->New Bookmark
- Fill in a name and the location, Press Ok
- Move the Bookmark to the folder you want, or label it (FF3)
Other browsers and platforms: locate a section in the help about bookmarks.
- Make a bookmark of your homepage with the name you want to give the login URL bookmark.
- Locate this bookmark in the "Favourites" menu and use
"Right Mouse Click->Properties" to change the URL of the bookmark
- Use the login URL (the bookmark) anytime you need to login.
How do I add a Postcard URL to a match?
It is now possible to add a Postcard URL to a finished match in a Postcard/Card tournament.
The Postcard is shown in the top right corner of the browser window when you hover the mouse over the match number 'eq. G1' or the match result 'eq. W, L', the ones that have a 'P'.
You can set the Postcard URL by clicking on the match number. Below the match result is a form that one of the players can use to set the URL of the Postcard image.
The postcard image is not hosted on DGat. Upload your image to any image site, Facebook, Flicker, imageshack, etc. Copy a URL to this image and paste it in the Postcard URL form.
A few image hosting sites used by DGat users:
If a match has a postcard submitted there will be a superscript P (P) after the match number / match result.
Any illegal URL characters are removed from the submitted URL.
How do I get a reminder of my DGat player login?
On the Login Page you can request a resend of your player login.
Fill in your DailyGammon nick and press the "Resend login link" button.
You will receive a Quick Message at DailyGammon with the login link.
The steps to contact for a problem or feature request.
- The easiest method to contact is to send
a Quick Message on DailyGammon.
- If you want to keep a recording of the progress of the
problem solving or feature implementation you can create
an entry in the
issue tracker for DGat.