Level Rules as of 2010-05-01:
- Level tournaments are a bracketed variant of the Win-Win tournament.
- DailyGammon player pfeifrot created the following rules.
- At Level tournaments you have NO advantage to win if you are an early subscriber
or if you play fast.
- Games are Back Gammon or Nack Gammon for 1pt, or more, cube allowed.
- The tournament is played in rounds. Each round a player is at a certain level.
Players at the same level in a round play games against each other.
- In Round-1 all players that have joined start at Level-1.
- If the number of players in a round is odd one player is granted a Bye.
The bracket is constructed such that the number of Byes is distributed over the players.
If a player received a Bye at a certain Level, if possible,
he will not get a Bye at this Level and the next Level.
- When a game is ended, in the next round
- Win : 1 Win pt, player goes to next level
- Lose: 1 Lose pt, player stays at level
- Bye : 1 Bye pt, player stays at level
- The player that receives the invite QM must invite
the other player for the given game using the link in the tournament bracket.
The opponent must first acknowledge this match on DailyGammon before the link
is turned into a P.
You are reminded when this match was last invited and by which player.
- When you resign the tournament you lose all the following games and
your endpoint is your current Level. If more then one player resign at a Level
one of them will end at the next Level.
For a resigned player the Win-Lose-Bye counts are not updated.
- Who will be the winner of the tournament?
The player that reaches the highest Level is the winner.
This Level number equals the number of players.
At the end of the tournament we show a Win-count sorted table for all the players.
- Players who resign multiple tournaments are removed from playing at DGat.
- In case of missing rules the tournament director will make the decision.