NxE Rules as of 2009-11-01:
- NxE stands for "N times Elimination".
N is 1 or larger.
- The tournament is played in rounds.
- Games are Back Gammon or Nack Gammon for 1pt, or more, cube allowed.
- All players that have joined enter round 1.
- All players still in the tournament play a game for the current round.
- If the number of players in a round is odd one "random" player is granted a Bye.
One of the players with the lowest Bye-count is chosen.
- Who is my opponent
- The players that don't have a Bye are put in bins based on there Win-count.
- A random player from the bin with the highest Win-count is paired with
a random player from the bin with the lowest Win-count. This can be from the same bin.
These players are removed from there bins.
Bins that don't contain any players are removed.
- The player that receives the invite QM must invite
the other player for the given game using the link in the game row.
The opponent must first acknowledge this match on DailyGammon before the link
is turned into a P.
You are reminded when this match was last invited and by which player.
- For a finished game you get the following points
- Lose: 1 Lose pt
- Win : 1 Win pt
- Bye : 1 Win pt, 1 Bye pt
- We go to the next round when all games have a winner.
- When you lose N games you don't go to the next round.
- When you resign the tournament you don't go to the next round.
- Who will be the winner of the tournament?
If there is only one player that goes to the next round that is the winner.
At the end of the tournament we show a Win-count sorted table for all the players.
- Players who resign multiple tournaments are removed from playing at DGat.
- In case of missing rules the tournament director will make the decision.
DGat Champion Tournament Rules as of 2014-01-01:
Changes to the above rules for the: DGat Champion Tournament
A player has a certain number of credits: the number of tournaments won in a year
- A player plays as many games for the current round as he has credits left.
- If Bye-games are needed:
- The player with the most credits can have multiple Bye-games.
- Otherwise a random player with the lowest Bye-count is selected.
- Who is my opponent (for the non-Bye-games)
- Players are seated randomly at the games for this round.
- Players with the largest credit count are seated first, so he can control the number of games played simultaneously.
- For a finished game you get the following
- Lose: 1 Lose pt, credit loss 1 pt
- Win : 1 Win pt
- Bye : 1 Bye pt